Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Camera

I bought a new camera today, but I had to go somewhere else to buy the memory card for it. So the people at the store told me to take a certain bus down to the local university. So I went down to the local university, but when I asked a girl at the bookstore where I could find the place that sells memory cards that I was nowhere near where I needed to be, and I had to do something or another to get down to blah blah blah. After I left I pieced together that they she had told me to take the number 83 bus. I asked some people on the bus which stop I needed to get off at and they told me that the bus would actually announce it over the intercom, but they wanted to know why I wanted to go there as it was already closed.


So I guess the first thing that meandering kind of pointless story is supposed to convey is that that kind of stumbling around happens a lot. Usually I just try to figure things out as I go along. In a lot of ways I think this is a good thing because it forces me to rely on the people and environment around me. Most of the time people seem to be very nice and helpful, and things end well. But sometimes it leads to a lot of confusion and wasted time. For some reason, a lot of this confusion tends to happen more frequently at McDonalds more than anyone else. Hell if I know why. It's kind of weird because If I go to a restaurant I can usually take a look at the menus make an educated guess at what I'm getting and end up being more or less right. But not at McDonalds, where the menus have pictures and all the orders have numbers


The second thing is I now have a camera. So sometime in the next week or so I should be able to start posting some long overdue pictures of my school, friends, students and scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment