Monday, July 4, 2011

Pics (part one): Places


My neighborhood from the outside. A lot of the construction around here was a bit of a rush job, so a lot of residential areas tend to look ugly, block like and monotonous.


My neighborhood from the inside. It's a little dead in the picture, but when the weather's nice it's usually full of people. Note the Pleasant Goats.


There's my school. Sign reads: "Kid Castle American English, Giving Children Early Experience".


Just down the street from my school. Again, thanks to rapid development and a lack of any discernible zoning laws the crummy parts of China and the nice parts are all pretty much right next to each other. As I understand it, like a little as 10 years ago the whole area looked a lot like this, with the tallest building being maybe like three or four stories high.



There's my desk.


There's our school's second location. You can find it at the back of a mall, between a Tae Kwon Do school and the Lionel Hutz Law Firm and Orange Julius Stand.


Another school I get sent out to. It's a very large, respectable establishment. It hires only the best teachers, and strives to keep the children in the most nurturing environment possible to further their education.


Which, again, is bounded by a church, a couple factories, and a jagged scrap metal yard. I have no idea why people think those things should be right next to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment